"oração do dia"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



"Oração do dia"



I surround myself with people who love and support me.

I take response-ability for my life.

I am worthy of being happy, now.

I let go of the need to be approved of by others. I approve of myself.



Screw it, Let's Do It



terça-feira, 12 de julho de 2011

Let's Get Real

The key to changing your life starts with being honest with yourself. The stories we tell ourselves about why something can't happen, or how long it's going to take to get over someone or why we can't quit an addiction we know is unhealthy for us, is what keeps us trapped in a cycle of negative behavior.

So today, let's practice radical honesty with ourselves.

I'll start. I want to gain weight about 5 klgs. I have been told by a lot of my friends that I don't need to gain weight and that I'm fine. And I've believed that story for a long time. But you know what, it's not okay with me anymore. I want to gain 5 klgs. The reason why I haven't gain these 5 klgs already is because I have chosen not to have a super awesome diet as my priority. I don't go to the gym, and my diet needs improving. So instead of telling myself it's okay, I am drawing a line in the sand with myself and putting myself on notice that I am the cause of this effect that I do not want in my life and I am choosing to remain stuck in an unwanted effect, not because of some outside circumstance, situation or person, but because of me alone.

There, I said it. I'm lazy, I know I must go to the gym, I know that I need a better diet but I'm just to lazy about it.

Being radically honest is awesome. It takes our power back. It gives us the truth about ourselves. And it might hurt a little bit, but as the saying goes, the truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off. So what truth about yourself do you not want to admit?

Is there weight you want to lose but you're not being honest with yourself?

Is there love you want to express and let in but you're afraid being hurt again?

Is there an addiction you want to give up, but you're too afraid to face yourself without the addiction?

Is there a change you are dying to make but you are just terrified of the unknown?

If your answer is YES - then today - let us practice radical honesty. How are you holding yourself in this pattern? What payoff do you get by staying the same? Who have you blamed so far for why you are stuck in this situation? Are you ready to take full responsibility for the circumstances of your life?

Write out what you want to change. Then write out honestly why you haven't. Write out the pay off. Write out whom you've been blaming and then tell the truth - why haven't you changed?

Now that you are facing this truth, how does it feel? A little uncomfortable? Good.
Truth is Love and Love is Truth.

So - now that you know the Truth about this part of your life, what are you going to do about it?

Me? I'm going to have three meals a day... starting... tomorrow. ;o)

Love,

Ivo

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário